1. Will my current database and reports convert? Yes, the entire current database will be converted and new features and functionality will be added during the upgrade and conversion process. Nothing will be lost.
2. Do I have to purchase the Premium Annual Subscription? Not yet. Sage decided to extend the ability to purchase licenses another year if purchased through a Sage Solution Provider/Consultant like Borek Consulting Group.
3. Will my current 2018 or earlier software install on my new Windows 10 computer or new server? Probably, but there is no guarantee on an unsupported version. In fact, there are known issues with Windows 10 and versions prior to Timeslips 2014. Attempting to install a version that old frequently results in errors, data corruption or it may not install at all. Support will not be provided by Timeslips.
4. Which Timeslips version works with E-Center? Only the current and immediate prior year’s versions of Timeslips will support E-Center. Currently, E-Center will only work with Timeslips v2019 or v2020.
5. Can I still buy additional licenses for my current version of Timeslips? Additional licenses can only be purchased for supported products. Currently, additional licenses can only be purchased for Timeslips v2019 or v2020.
6. What is the Premium Edition? The Timeslips Premium Edition is largely the same product as the “perpetual license” version with additional features such as Day View, Bill Reminders and company logo watermarks on reports. The primary difference is that it requires an annual subscription which includes the latest updates, upgrades and features at no additional cost. Moving forward, new features will only be added to Timeslips Premium.
7. What happens if I stop paying the annual Premium Subscription? Timeslips will give you several warnings that the database will be put in read only mode and you will no longer be able to add or change information until the subscription is renewed.
8. Is the Premium Edition a Cloud product? No, the Timeslips Premium Edition is still a desktop product. A hosted server is required if you want access while remote or a remote desktop type access.
9. What if the firm has a current Business Care Plan with Sage? Existing Support plans will be honored. At renewal, customers will have the option to select Timeslips Premium.
10. Will Borek Consulting still support my older version if we decide not to upgrade? Yes, we will continue to support your older version. However, there are limitations with what we can accomplish, especially if there is a bug fix needed or environmental issue beyond our control. Our resources are limited on expired products since Timeslips support will not be able to provide assistance. If at a future point you wish (or need) to upgrade, you will have no other option other than Premium. Your firm must decide the level of risk they are willing to take.
To request pricing information for your firm, please email with your current Timeslips version (year) and the number of computers currently using Timeslips. You can easily find this information by selecting Help/About Sage Timeslips from your Timeslips menu.